What is "The Genbook Excellence in Experience Awards"?
The Genbook Excellence in Experience Awards honors the best hair, beauty, barbering, wellness and personal services businesses in North America as voted by over 2 million clients. The award categories are split by solo-entrepreneurs and micro-businesses with more than 2 employees and are as follows:
- The Best Business Experience in 2020 for Hair Services (Solo)
- The Best Business Experience in 2020 for Hair Services (Team)
- The Best Business Experience in 2020 for Barber Services (Solo)
- The Best Business Experience in 2020 for Barber Services (Team)
- The Best Business Experience in 2020 for Wellness Services (Solo)
- The Best Business Experience in 2020 for Wellness Services (Team)
- The Best Business Experience in 2020 for Beauty Services (Solo)
- The Best Business Experience in 2020 for Beauty Services (Team)
- The Best Business Experience in 2020 for Personal Services (Solo)
- The Best Business Experience in 2020 for Personal Services (Team)
Why is Genbook running the award?
Genbook helps service-based entrepreneurs build a better business experience and as part of that we collect over 16,000 vetted client reviews every month.
Genbook's mission is to free entrepreneurs from distractions so that they can reach their greatest results and aspires to honor their efforts in building elevated experiences by providing a platform to give them the exposure and recognition they deserve.
What are the prizes for the winners?
There are multiple prizes for our winners including Genbook free for a year, a crystal trophy, bragging rights, shop front stickers and a printed and framed award. The business will also be featured across Genbook's social media and website. Prizes will be sent out to all winners in November 2020 and Genbook will reach out separately to winners to organize interviews and Q&A.
How can businesses enter?
To participate in the Genbook Excellence in Experience Awards businesses must meet the following criteria:
- Solo-businesses must have at least 10 Genbook verified reviews
- Team-businesses must have at least 30 Genbook verified reviews
- Businesses must be based in the USA or Canada
How can I get my clients to vote for me?
There are three ways you can get your clients to vote for you.
- Switch on automatic review collection in Genbook and have your clients review you after each service
- Get your clients to "favorite" you in the Genbook booking app
- Share your unique voting URL with your clients to get them to vote for you from a simple click. Note that your unique URL will be sent to you once voting opens on October 1, 2020.
Where do I find my unique voting link to share with my clients?
Qualifying businesses will be sent their link via email and an in-app message at the time that voting opens on October 1, 2020. Qualifying businesses can also access their voting link by finding their business listed under all businesses that qualify by clicking here.
How do businesses win the award?
Businesses will be ranked by the highest number of points. Businesses with the highest number of points in each category will win the awards.
Points are received as follows (From October 2019 to date):
- 2 Points for every five-star review received during your most highly reviewed month since October 2019 (the month you received the greatest number of reviews) plus,
- 1 Point for each 'favorite' a business receives in the Genbook booking app plus,
- 1 Point for each vote received by clients on the voting portal
Entries and voting closes on 30 October 2020.
How does voting work?
Clients will be encouraged to vote for their favorite service provider based on their experience on the Genbook app and via the voting portal. Businesses can also encourage their clients to vote by sharing their personal link to their voting portal, or asking their clients to favorite them on the Genbook booking app.
How will winners be notified?
Winners will be notified by email via their Genbook login email address.
When will the award winners be announced?
Voting begins October 1, 2020 and closes on October 30, 2020. Winners are notified on November 3rd, 2020, and public announcements will be made on November 9th, 2020. Winners will be contacted via email and phone. Announcements will be made on the Awards homepage, and Genbook social media channels.
Why is my business not listed as a nominee?
The full list of qualifying businesses will be ready to view on the Excellence in Experience Awards site from September 30, 2020. To qualify for entry your business must have received at least 10 Genbook verified reviews if you are a solo entrepreneur, and 30 reviews if your business has more than one employee. If you have met this requirement and are still not listed it may be because you have either opted out or not opted into being part of The Genbook Excellence in Experience awards. To opt in - simply contact us here.
* Please note that opt ins and opt outs will be updated on a weekly basis, so it may take a few days for your requested changes to take effect.
Why is my business listed under the "Personal Services" Category?
Qualifying businesses are grouped into the five categories by business type (which users select in their Genbook account under 'Search Categories'). The groupings are as follows:
Hair which includes: Hair Salons, Weaves & Extensions, Blow Dry/Out Services, Stylists
Barbers, Wellness which includes: Massage Therapists, Med Spas, Wellness, Acupuncturists, Alternative Medicine, Herbalists, Homeopaths, Hypnotherapist, Naturopaths, Reflexologists, Reiki, Dietician, Nutritionists, Psychotherapist, Marriage Counseling, Weight Loss, Physical Therapists, Counseling & Mental Health, Health Coach
Beauty which includes: Eyebrow Service, Eyelash Service, Hair Removal, Makeup Artists, Nail Salons, Permanent Makeup, Skin Care, Tanning, Tattoo, Tattoo Removal, Teeth Whitening, Waxing, Day Spas
And all other service-based businesses fall under the Personal Services category.
How can I change my Category (e.g. from Hair to Beauty)
Your Category is based on your business type Search Category you have selected in your Genbook account. To change the Search Category please follow these simple instructions by clicking here.
How can I enter my business?
To enter your business you must first meet the entry requirements which you can find here. If you have met the criteria but still don't feature, please contact us.
To start collecting automated client reviews after each service but don't have a Genbook account, sign up here.